I have to be honest, I don’t really know what to think anymore.
- How can a country, with so many churches, lead the world in gun violence, especially in our schools?
- How can people (especially Christians) continually put the 2nd amendment above the safety and welfare of our children?
- How can evangelical Christians, who once taught that character is the single most important quality of a leader continue to support a president with so little character?
- How can our country (again, filled with churches and Christians) ignore what the Bible so clearly teaches about immigrants for personal security?
- How can those of who claim to follow Jesus, sit back and totally ignore the suffering and oppression of Christians around the world, especially Palestinian Christians?
- How can we, conservative evangelical Christians, totally ignore what Jesus says about the kingdom of God, turning what was meant to be a communal faith into a totally personal faith?
- How could we have strayed so far from the gospel, while convincing ourselves we are gospel preachers and teachers?
I don’t know what to think anymore.
All I do know is we have some serious problems in the church in the USA and we need some serious repentance.
What do you think?